Did you know we humans spend a third of our lives in bed? That's an excellent reason to get a top-tier mattress by scouring the internet for the perfect Nectar mattress review.
Without quality sleep every night, the other two-thirds of your life wouldn't be worth living. But the right mattress could make all the difference.
The right mattress provides proper support for your body whiles you sleep. That way, you can always start your day without aches and pains. So before you decide to buy a Nectar mattress, review as much information as you can. Picking the perfect mattress is essential for a good night's sleep.
There's been a lot of rave over memory foam mattresses in recent times. And several people have sworn that these mattress types are the reason they started enjoying their sleep again.
But is Nectar the memory foam mattress for you?
Nectar Mattress Review: What You Should Know
- #1 FASTEST GROWING BRAND IN THE U.S. - Recognized as the fastest growing e-commerce retailer by Internet Retailer, Nectar is a memory foam bed-in-a-box mattress designed for every kind of sleeper. Nectar is part of the Resident House of Brands.
- TWO FREE PREMIUM PILLOWS INCLUDED - And with every mattress purchase, you also receive two free Nectar Premium Pillows. They will be found within the mattress packaging. ($150 value)
- INDUSTRY LEADING 180 NIGHT TRIAL- You can try Nectar risk-free for 180 night and return it if you are not 100% happy (180 night trial is for orders on Amazon only). This is nearly 3 months longer than the industry standard.
- NECTAR FOREVER WARRANTY - We guarantee Nectar for as long as you own the mattress. Longest warranty in the business (we checked).
- IDEAL SUPPORT FOR ANY POSITION - Optimal level of firmness, coolness, breathability, and comfort. Nectar molds to your body, relieving all your aches and pains. It is firm enough to support you, but soft enough to be gentle where you're sensitive. Even on those 90° nights, Nectar sleeps cool, gently regulating heat for an ideal temperature all night long.
Nectar is a mixed foam mattress produced by Nectar Sleep. Launched only in 2016, the company has become one of the world's most popular online mattress brands in the United States. They sell about 1,000 mattresses a day in the U.S.
Nectar is the flagship product of Nectar Sleep. It combines thick layers of memory foam with a breathable base for deep pressure relief.
The mattress is made up of four distinct layers. They include a top layer of quilted gel memory foam, a layer of gel memory foam, a layer of adaptive memory foam, and a base layer of breathable poly-foam. This combination offers a medium-firm feel. It also provides the sort of support that prevents you from sinking inside the mattress.
Furthermore, the mattress contours naturally to your body shape to help reduce pressure points on your body for a more comfortable sleep.
This mattress is truly versatile enough to accommodate any sleeping position.
The company offers a 365 day free trial period, allowing you to try the mattress risk-free for an entire year.
The Nectar offers excellent value for money. So if you're searching for an affordable bed built with quality materials, your quest can end with this Nectar mattress review.
Key features of the Nectar
Let's examine some key features the Nectar has to offer.
The mattress's several memory foam layers function as a unit to prevent the transfer of motion throughout the bed. That way, neither you nor your partner's rest will be affected by either's movement.
A mattress with excellent edge support allows you to enjoy its edges almost as comfortably as its middle section.
However, edge support isn't exactly the strongest feature of bed-in-a-box models.
Nonetheless, thanks to its solid base layer, the Nectar offers much more edge support when compared to similar memory foam mattresses.
The Nectar has a medium-firm feel which is neither too soft nor too hard.
The top layer of the mattress provides a soft, comfortable feel while the support layers beneath give firmer support below.
The Nectar is designed to combat heat retention through its comfort layers of gel-infused and quilted memory foam. They allow for better air circulation than traditional foam mattresses.
Therefore, your bed will be kept cool throughout the night.
Tencel Cooling Cover
The Tencel cover of the Nectar provides a soft, cool surface for a comfortable feel to the body.
For those who struggle with their body temperature whiles in bed, Tencel offers maximum breathability and coolness.
What's more, Tencel protects your mattress from bedbug infiltration.
Quilted Gel Memory Foam
Next is a 1-inch high layer of quilted gel memory foam that also possesses breathable airflow channels.
The quilted pockets of this layer add a higher level of comfort and cushion for the sleeper. At the same time, it'll contour perfectly to your body. It'll also provide excellent pressure relief to the right spots throughout the body.
Gel Memory Foam
Following the layer of quilted gel memory foam is a 3-inch layer of pure gel memory foam. This layer cools and distributes the sleeper's body weight evenly throughout the mattress.
Adaptive High Core Memory Foam
Next is a 0.5-inch thick layer of adaptive memory foam. The adaptive memory foam adapts to the sleeper's specific body type. It also conforms to the sleeper's body for maximum comfort and stability.
Breathing Base Layer
The final layer of the Nectar is a 5.5-inch breathable base layer of dense memory foam.
This layer also provides a stable foundation, supporting the entire mattress, including the layers that your body rests on.
When first taken out of their packaging, most memory foam mattresses emit a temporary odor known as "off-gassing."
Thankfully, even though the Nectar does give off a slight odor upon removal, it is barely noticeable. Plus, the smell quickly dissipates within a short period.
Nectar offers a lifetime warranty on their mattresses, which they term as their "Forever Warranty." The warranty works in such a way that Nectar will replace a defective mattress of yours at no cost during the first 10 years.
After ten years, however, you may have to contribute to the transportation fees to have your mattress repaired or replaced. The charge is nothing expensive. Sometimes, these transport charges may even be set aside if the mattress is deemed defective.
What Do Users Think?
Investing in a superior mattress means investing in your health. Thus, for this Nectar mattress review, we thought it'd beneficial for you to know what customers think of the bed.
On Nectar, the Nectar mattress review has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5.0 stars.
The reviews are mainly positive, with customers expressing untold admiration for the product. Many buyers praise how comfortable the mattress is. One customer likes how soft and yet supportive the bed is.
Others say it's the best mattress they've ever slept on. Some even praise the mattress for alleviating their back pain. Dozens of customers recommend the product.
The Nectar mattress review on Consumer Reports has an overall rating of 2.6 out of 5.0 stars. Several customers are pleased with the mattress. They say it is very comfortable and firm. For one customer, the mattress prevents the movement of the partner from disturbing her sleep.
Another buyer also likes how well the mattress retains its shape regardless of body weight. Other customers also say the mattress has the best warranty despite being very affordable.
Some buyers find the mattress to be too firm. Others also claim the mattress does little to ease back pain. However, the pet peeve of several customers is poor customer service.
Nectar Mattress Review: Pros and Cons
Our Nectar mattress review will be incomplete if we don't touch on both the mattress's desirable as well as not-so-desirable features.
How We Reviewed
We notably scoured the internet for crucial details on the product from every professional Nectar mattress review we could set sight on.
We also made use of the Nectar website for essential information regarding the features of the mattress. For reviews from customers, we still used the Nectar website and independent website, Consumer Reports.
Our Nectar mattress review also pitted the bed against equally top players in the memory foam mattress industry.
Nectar Mattress Review: Comparable Brands
Many customers love the Nectar to a fault. And it certainly does hold its own in the memory foam mattress industry. However, there are other equally top memory foam mattresses it competes with.
To present you with an accurate Nectar mattress review, we examined some of the top brands rubbing shoulders with Nectar. That way, you can compare and get a clear picture of what Nectar offers
- Our mattress: Great things come in small packages. The Leesa mattress in a box is beautifully designed with three premium foam layers for cooling, body contouring and pressure-relieving core support. With the all-new Top layer of high Quality foam, you'll experience enhanced pressure relief and better rest. The Leesa mattress offers a universal adaptive feel, which adapts to your body type while you sleep, regardless of your sleeping style.
- Cooling comfort: Our exclusive high quality foam's microcell structure promotes airflow while still providing the perfect amount of hug and bounce. So, you sleep cooler and get the comfort and support you need.
- Made in USA: The Leesa mattress is designed, assembled and manufactured in the USA with high-performance foams.
- Sleep easy: because we know it takes more than one night to fall in love, We want to make your purchase 100% risk-free. All Leesa mattresses include a 100-night in-home trial backed by a no-hassle, full refund policy.
- Wrapped in luxury: all Leesa mattresses are covered with our iconic 4 stripe mattress cover. We've worked hard to make this highly breathable, virtually seamless mattress cover with no tapered edges one of the most comfortable mattress covers on the market, so you can sleep well.
Leesa mattress is a mixed foam mattress produced by Leesa company in the United States. Launched in 2014, Leesa was part of the very first companies that sold their mattresses direct to customers and exclusively online.
The 10-inch mattress is made up of a total of three layers. The first layer is a 2-inch breathable Avena foam designed to keep you cool throughout the night. The second layer is a 2-inch-thick memory foam that provides contour to the body.
The final layer is the support layer, which is 6-inch thick and made of dense core foam. It is responsible for the overall stability and durability of the mattress.
Just like the Nectar, Leesa mattress has a medium-firm feel and feels more supportive than other brands.
The Leesa also does a splendid job with edge support. Due to how firm it is, you can lie or sit on the mattress's edge in full confidence without feeling as if it's going to make you fall off.
Like the Nectar, the Leesa can absorb the movement of the sleeper to minimize motion transfer.
The Leesa doesn't "sleep hot" as several memory foam mattresses do. Though the Leesa mattress has no unique built-in cooling structures, its three-layer design allows for maximum air circulation. That way, heat is always drawn away from the sleeper.
The Leesa mattress does give off a bit of an odor when unboxed. However, the smell doesn't last for long and should dissipate within 48 hours.
Leesa offers a 10-year limited warranty on each of their mattresses.
On Amazon, Leesa mattress has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5.0 stars.
The Casper Mattress
- Casper's award-winning bed-in-a-box mattress offers 12" and 4 layers of premium foam, plus zoned support for comfort and alignment
- Designed for all body types, our Zoned Support system features three areas of support, for optimal spinal alignment, no matter your height or weight
- Breathable open-cell foams have tiny pores to let hot air escape, keeping you cool at night
- Please note: any new product will expand within minutes and can have a mild scent upon unboxing that will dissipate in a few hours in a well-ventilated room
- 100 night trial and free returns within 100 days of receipt of shipment on products sold by Casper
The Casper mattress is a mixed foam mattress designed by Casper. Launched only in 2014, Casper has become one of the most distinguishable names in the bed-in-a-box industry.
The 12-inch mattress is made up of a total of four layers. The first is a layer of "open-cell" foam which is 1.5 inches thick. The second layer is a 1.5-inch thick memory foam layer. A transition layer of a 1.5-inch thick poly-foam makes up the third layer.
Finally, an additional 7-inch thick poly-foam makes up the base layer that provides support for the entire mattress.
Like both the Nectar and Leesa mattresses, the Casper mattress only offers one firmness level. Thus, the mattress has a medium-firm feel.
The Casper mattress scores well in terms of edge support because of its high-density foam and durable support layer.
In terms of motion isolation, the layers of the mattress perform very well to prevent the transfer of movement.
Casper claims their mattress also doesn't "sleep hot." Due to its open-cell latex foam comfort layer, the mattress allows sufficient air circulation. That way, body heat is prevented from being trapped in the foam. However, some customers said otherwise.
When first unpackaged, the mattress releases an odor. Nonetheless, this smell doesn't last for long and should dissipate in a few days.
Casper backs this mattress with a 100-night sleep trial as well as a 10-year limited warranty.
On Amazon, the Casper mattress has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5.0 stars.
BedStory 12 Inch Lavender Memory Foam Mattress
- Born For Better Sleep:BedStory 12 Inch Lavender Memory Foam Mattress is designed for all kinds of sleepers for a better night sleep,such as back sleepers,side sleepers and stomach sleepers.All foams we use are CertiPUR-US Certified,eco-friendly and durable.The mattress meets CFR1633 Standard which means itself is hard to burn,therefore safe to use.
- Design For Maximum Comforts:Constructed with 2.5 inches Pure Memory Foam Layer,7 inches Air-Circulation Foam Layer,2 inches High-density Support Foam Layer inside the mattress. This ergonomics design enables the mattress to mold to the sleeper's natural shape and keeps you cool while you sleep,it strikes a balance between firmness and softness.
- The Only Lavender Mattress:Unlike other Memory Foam Mattress,BedStory Lavender Memory Foam Mattress comes with sweet scent due to the Lavender essential we infused.Lavender is a natural air purifier and also relieves stress,science has proved this. And this is the key point to improve sleeping quality.
- She's not'HOT':The mattress cover is made of knit fabric,which absorbs moisture, dries quickly,and helps the body breathe.Inside the mattress,the 7 inches Convoluted Foam keeps the air flowing,ensures sleeping in a thermal comfort zone.
- Things To Be Aware Of：For shipment concern,the mattress is compressed,rolled,and vacuum sealed in a single box.It usually take 48-72 hours for the mattress to fully expand,but may take longer due to other factors,like cold weather.We offer 10 years warranty and after-sale service for this Lavender Memory Foam Mattress.
BedStory manufactures the BedStory Lavender memory foam mattress. This online company has been making premium mattresses for more than three and a half decades.
The 12-inch mattress is made up of a total of three layers including a 2.5-inch pure memory foam layer, a 7-inch air-circulation foam layer, and a 2-inch high-density support foam layer.
This mattress strikes a decent balance between firmness and softness. The BedStory Lavender does come with a bit of sinkage and may not be ideal for the stomach sleeper.
The bed also has decent edge support and holds its shape very well at the sides.
When it comes to motion isolation, the mattress does a superb job in absorbing the movement of the sleeper.
The mattress doesn't "sleep hot" due to its breathable cover, which wicks away moisture from the body. It also helps keep the sleeper cool and comfortable.
The mattress comes with a sweet lavender smell you'd love. Though it's likely to give a bit of odor after unboxing, that smell is barely noticeable because of the infused Lavender essential in the mattress.
BedStory offers a 10-year warranty for the mattress.
The product has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5.0 stars on Amazon.
Will the Nectar Make Your Sleep Sweet?
If you're looking for a pressure-relieving mattress with a classic memory foam feel that will keep you comfortable, then the Nectar is your safest bet. Our Nectar mattress review showcases the best value for money mattress that users exalt for comfort, value, and quality.
Also, the four foam layers of the mattress interact well to create a luxurious sleeping experience for most sleepers. If you're a back or side sleeper, this mattress may be perfect for you. For stomach sleepers, it may feel quite soft.
The bed is also wrapped in a soft, breathable cover that can wick heat away and keep the bed cool for your comfort. Plus, the cover is resistant to bugs so you can sleep with peace of mind. If you want to fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer, look nowhere else.
Overall, the Nectar is a high-quality luxury foam bed that offers you excellent value for money.
What kind of mattress do you currently use? Does it help for a good night's rest? We'd love to hear all about its features in the comments section below.
Featured Image via Pexels